Higher Education equals more debts.

I'm pretty sure if higher education was easy, everyone would have a degree and a good paying job. Life is not as easy as some people make it. It might look easy because you don't see that person's struggles and long work days. We all grow up too fast and then life happens that we often don't think twice about taking a break. Who needs a break anyway? I would be the first to say that we do need breaks. An overworked machine will soon get overheated and needs to be shut down for a bit. Because the machine can stop working when it's needed the most. Humans can only function for so long before our body and mind give up on us. So, rest and relax some time. I cry sometime to relieve stress. It builds up and I can't help but cry. I have a bad habit of doing multiple things when I do my homework from school.

The only mistake I made when entering college was not making up my mind on what I wanted to do. Teachers and adults from my high school years often told the students that it's okay to not know what you want to. But that's one mistake you will regret. Being in school for the last 6 years, I can tell you it's not worth it. It's suppose to be a four years thing. But it's not, prolonging your stay in going to school without no plan is going there blindfolded. And trust me, the money goes and your debt starts piling up. After hitting the max for your Financial Aid from the government, you will have to start applying and going after your other option, loans.

Loans can help me when you don't have the money right away. But the interest will add up. You can stay in school and you don't have to pay for it. But after you finish school, expect the bills to start coming after 6 months of finishing. The government don't care if you have your ideal career. They want the money. If you don't have a job, now, they can low the payment but it would mean you will have to pay more later. And yes, the interest will also be more.

My advice for you is know what you want to do, do scholarships, volunteer, have fun, enjoy college life and do as much as you can handle. And be money smart, buy only what you need. Think about long term!

K.T

College Senior

Comments

Popular Posts