Post-graduate life.

Post-graduate life is different from what I imagined but it's the not doing anything. That bores me. Yeah, say what you want to say about post-graduate life but the biggest downfall has to be that motivation seems to disappear. After going through years of always moving, studying, reading, writing, replying to class posts, and doing projects; for the first time in a long time, I have time to spent. But I'm lost and not sure what to do. Trust me, today is a whole lot different than it was 7 years ago. I finished high school in 2009 and I just graduated a few weeks ago. So, do the math, it's been about 8 years. It took so long but I know now why it took that long.

Elementary years: I was a kid and spent most of my time playing. I didn't care to focus on my school subjects as much. I just enjoyed running and playing with my kids. I was more active in my social skills.

Middle school years: I was a pre-teen and not yet a woman (Britney Spear inspired! She's also touring the world right now.) I was going through my pre-teens trying to fit in and enjoy youth and yet, it didn't fit me. I was trying to be someone I was not and I quickly found out that I was not a one size fit all. I never really consider myself any different from others. But the fact that I know there were some students who thought very highly of themselves. There were many groups in middle that followed most students with them to high school. These were the years of trying to find where I belong. People thought I was the smart kid. So, did I belong to the smart kids group? Nope. I was pretty average. I wasn't the most prettiest girl. But I realize looks didn't take anyone anywhere for long. We age and people change (I didn't realize this until high school). I learned that my friend's view became my views and I came to know that in the process I hurt others. Don't make your friends' beliefs become yours only if it will reflects how you feel. I dated a few guys but nothing serious. These were the days of young love and nothing happened. I did like someone from elementary until a couple years ago. My love was never told but I grew to understand that I could love someone for a lifetime when I meet them. I was not as active in my social skills. I was observing more.

High school years: I was a teenager and often made a lot of mistakes. I became more active in sport, well, just tennis. But tennis kept me busy in my freshman and senior year. I was active in clubs and was always doing club activities and volunteering. My high school required students to do 40 hours of volunteering to graduate. It seems like a lot but I did so much volunteering that I lost count. I didn't write everything on my log as it didn't matter to me because it was helping others. I did so much in high school that I never got bored. And now, after all these years, high school was the best years of my life. It taught me a lot and I know now that I want to continue getting myself involve in the community. I moved a year later after I graduated. It was not my choice but we had to.

Never forget the best moments in life because it was so joyful and fun that nothing else mattered.

K.T

Comments

Popular Posts